Opportunity Zones Program
The Opportunity Zones Program provides tax benefits for qualifying new or expanding projects and businesses within qualified opportunity zones. Real estate or business investments that meet certain qualifications must be made with qualified capital gains and through a Qualified Opportunity Fund, and are eligible for the following incentives:
- Reduction of the taxable basis of the invested capital gain by up to 15%
- Up to a seven-year deferral of taxes on the invested capital gain
- No taxes on gains made by the invested capital gain if held for at least 10 years
Profiles of the designated opportunity zones are included in the prospectus, and include areas of:
- The city of Newport (Campbell County)
- The cities of Covington and Ludlow (Kenton County)
- The city of Florence and CVG (Boone County)
Our region is proud to be home to many businesses – including multiple Fortune 500 headquarters – in diverse industries, and includes a strong talent pool, low labor costs, excellent quality of life, national recognition as a great place to live and do business, and easy access to the rest of the country.
View our Northern Kentucky Opportunity Zone Prospectus brought to you through a partnership with Northern Kentucky Tri-ED and the Catalytic Development Funding Corporation of Northern Kentucky. The prospectus provides details about the seven opportunity zones located in Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties in Northern Kentucky, including information on the specific tools and incentives available in each zone.