Make It Here
Northern Kentucky welcomes newcomers and new ideas with open arms, thanks to a robust entrepreneurial community that connects startups and small businesses with mentors, partners, resources and potential funders.
Blue North, the community for startups and small businesses in Northern Kentucky, is the front door for entrepreneurs in the Northern Kentucky region. Launched in 2019, Blue North provides guidance, mentorship, connections and the right tools for entrepreneurs at any stage. With the support of Tri-ED, the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development (KCED), and the Northern Kentucky community, over the previous year, Blue North has been serving and connecting entrepreneurs, studying and mapping the regional ecosystem.
In July 2020, Blue North was awarded a $510,000 RISE grant for FY21 by the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development’s (KCED) Office of Entrepreneurship. Blue North also began operating as an independent Limited Liability Company (LLC) – serving the Northern Kentucky community – under the leadership of an Executive Director and a regional Board of Directors.
Blue North produces scalable impact by serving entrepreneurs and the region through the following initiatives:
- Providing direct startup support services,
- Creating an Industry Advisor Board to expand Blue North’s access to large and mid-size corporates,
- Offering expanded startup resources via the Startup Support Fellowship Fund,
- Improving inclusivity and access to programming and events through the use of innovative, digital tools, and
- Increasing connections with investor and capital networks.
Blue North has identified four sectors that it will focus on to leverage Northern Kentucky’s unique strengths and assets: health (cancer diagnostics, screening and treatment innovations), supply chain, eCommerce, and local growth (food, beverage, distilled spirits, and creative services). Visit www.bluenorthky.com for more information.