CVG Now Ranks No. 44 in airfares among top 100 domestic airportsFebruary 22, 2017
In the most recent Department of Transportation Airfare report, CVG now ranks #44 among the top 100 U.S. domestic airports. This is down from #18 in 3Q 2015 and #1 in 3Q 2014. Average airfares at CVG decreased 15% year-over-year and have decreased 32% compared to 3Q 2014.
Other CVG news this month includes:
- Amazon announced it selected CVG as the location for its worldwide cargohub. Amazon plans to hire more than 2,700 employees at the facility.
- Southwest Airlines and CVG announced new service at CVG. Initial service offering will provide a total of eight daily flights, five daily to Chicago Midway and three daily to Baltimore/Washington International. Fares and schedules are loaded and service will begin June 4, 2017.
- CVG continued to increase its air service offering in January, 2017. Local traffic was up an estimated 10.3 percent year-over-year. Total enplanements were up an estimated 8.5 percent year-over-year.
- Frontier Airlines announced new nonstop service to San Diego three times a week (May 21st), Minneapolis four times a week (April 21st) and New York – LaGuardia daily (April 21st). This brings the total Frontier markets at CVG to 17 destinations with more than 90 weekly flights.
- Allegiant began nonstop service to San Juan, Puerto Rico in December 2016. Allegiant now serves 15 markets nonstop from CVG on a year around or seasonal basis with more than 50 flights a week.
- United Airlines will begin new non-stop service between CVG and San Francisco on June 8th.
- American Airlines will introduce mainlines equipment (big jet) service to Dallas on April 4th. This will grow American’s capacity by 20% on the Dallas route.
- Delta Air Lines enhanced its schedule at CVG with expanded schedules in 13 of 35 nonstop markets starting spring of 2017. These changes will increase Delta capacity at CVG by 6%. Additional flights were added to Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Orlando and Toronto. Seasonal service patterns to Fort Myers and Seattle have also been extended.