Client Relations Specialist
Title: Client Relations Specialist
Reports to: Vice President of Economic Development
Position Type: Full-time
Summary: The Client Relations Specialist is responsible for assisting the Client Relations Managers (CRMs) and working with companies on the entire site selection process ultimately resulting in new job creation for the region. The position will coordinate proposals to respond to Requests for Information (RFI), as well as assist the CRMs on a full cycle project management process with new and existing clients. The Client Relations Specialist is also responsible for maintaining and updating Tri-ED’s sites and building inventory. The position will also manage project pipeline and metrics data for reporting to the board of directors and other external partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruit new primary businesses to the Northern Kentucky region.
- Assist existing businesses in expanding in the region.
- Manage project team’s responses to RFIs and prep other client presentation materials.
- Update and maintain building and site database information.
- Analyze and prepare project pipeline and metric data.
- Assist Client Relations Managers with key projects in Tri-ED’s Target Industry sectors.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with key site selection consultants, state economic development partners, and other industry partners.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project and client interaction within Tri-ED’s Salesforce database.
- Provide quarterly and annual reports of project management targets, wins, and outreach.
- Engage with community officials and leaderships to strengthen relationships between communities and businesses.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diplomatic, tactful, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organized, and professional.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with members, leadership team, and co-workers.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, embrace and engage diverse groups, and understand the importance of cultural competency in these interactions.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple complex tasks and balance and prioritize multiple requests with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet target goals of new job creation, investment, and wage growth.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges, with exceptional follow-up and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related economic development or business field from an accredited college or university, preferred, or any combination of training and experience which meet the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- At least two to three years of experience in economic development or related field.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and software.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, well-organized, results-oriented, and willing to learn new skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Northern Kentucky Tri-ED
Northern Kentucky Tri-ED serves as the primary economic development company for Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties, providing marketing, business retention and expansion services for the region.
Tri-ED’s vision is opportunity and prosperity for all Northern Kentuckians. Visit NorthernKentuckyUSA.com to learn more.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Kimberly Rossetti, Vice President of Economic Development, via email at ksr@NorthernKentuckyUSA.com. The job posting will close Friday, June 24, 2022.
*Tri-ED provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tri-ED complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Tri-ED expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Tri-ED’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.