Business Retention & Expansion Program
The Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) program of Northern Kentucky Tri-County Economic Development Corporation (Northern Kentucky Tri-ED) is a free resource connecting Northern Kentucky companies with solutions to sustain their current operations and accelerate their growth, while also growing jobs in the local economy.
The BR&E program provides a business a single point of contact for a wide range of assistance opportunities for expansion and immediate operations, for identifying potential tax incentives and workforce grants, for recruiting workforce, and for making connections with regional partners.
The BR&E program is a two-time winner of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Excellence in Economic Development Award, winning the Bronze Award in 2013 and Gold Award in 2015, in the category Business Retention & Expansion Program.
Retention & Growth Assistance
Tri-ED BR&E provides the following general assistance to Northern Kentucky primary industry businesses:
- Boost Relationships: Governments, utilities, and education
- Boost Resources: Real estate solutions, tax comparisons, and demographics
- Boost Business Growth: Infrastructure, permitting, incentives, and training grants
- Boost Job Growth: Quality and quantity of the workforce
The program is the result of a two-decade long approach to retaining and expanding Northern Kentucky primary industry businesses. Northern Kentucky Tri-ED’s BR&E program began in 1998 after industry surveys were conducted in coordination with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development. Numerous business and community allies provided clear recommendations on how the program should develop:
- An official program
- Coordinated with counties and local cities
- Increased business visits
- Customer relationship management system
- Transparent reporting to Northern Kentucky stakeholders
Northern Kentucky Tri-ED adopted these recommendations and, through a partnership with numerous allies including Duke Energy, officially launched the BR&E program on August 27th, 2012.