Northern Kentucky Tri-ED
The Northern Kentucky Tri-County Economic Development Corporation (Tri-ED) blends public and private funds to enhance the business climate in and foster regional cooperation among Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties. We market and promote Northern Kentucky on a national and international basis as a desirable location for new or expanding businesses, and we assist existing local companies to expand operations and grow their customer base.
Since its founding in 1987, Northern Kentucky Tri-ED has led the successful relocation or expansion efforts for 717 business projects, representing more than 69,000 primary industry jobs created with a capital investment of more than $8.7 billion.
Northern Kentucky is home to more than 550 primary industry companies which represent a strong diversity of industry and innovation.
In its attraction efforts, Tri-ED focuses on 6 industry clusters and 23 industry subsectors.
- Engine & Metal Component Production
- Sensors & Controls
- Interior Suppliers
- Chemical Compounds
- Aerospace Parts Manufacturing
- Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO)
- Light & Sport Aviation
- Financial Service Advisory
- Back Office Support
- Financial Software
- Co-Located Manufacturing with HQ, Distribution Center and/or Operations
- Food R&D
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Cancer Research
- Lab Testing & Processing
- Health Informatics
- HQ/Regional Office/Logistics Providers (3PL)
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Packaging Technology
- Logistics Machinery Manufacturers